New EP update - Work in progress MP3 to listen too!

For all your Meg releated and non Meg releated chat

Moderator: Meg

New EP update - Work in progress MP3 to listen too!

Postby Matty Jetman on Wed May 31, 2006 11:14 am

Just thought I would let you know how everything is progressing, as of now drums, bass and keyboards and some guitar have now been recorded. Just the rest of guitar, vox, backing vox (involving the whole of Meg!) and any other cool things we can think of to record next!!!

With a bit of jiggery pokery and effects Rob has come up with a spaced out version of Fireworks which will probably be a bonus track on one of the EP's. It's sounding very cool indeed, you can hear a work in progress MP3 of this at our myspace page at http://www.myspace.com/wearemeg

Enjoy!

Adios,
Matt Meg
Matty Jetman
Meg Keyboards
Meg Keyboards

Postby rich on Wed May 31, 2006 2:45 pm

Wow I really like the keyboards in the track! They're ace! :D

How is the EP getting along anyway?
rich

Postby Rob on Wed May 31, 2006 3:09 pm

The strange seaside / arpegiated thing was direct off Matt's Microkorg. The main melody keyboard is Matt's hammond keyboard through an auto filter that I played with in cubase. So alas we may never be able to play it live, unless matt can emulate the auto filter. And then I guess he'd have to sample the sound fx and play them at the same time. So actually it is possible... hmmmmm

The EPs seem to be doing well and completion of the second distorted guitar and the clean guitar and vocals may be within the next week because my step dad is going away for a week so that means I can record in the day till my hearts content. So yeah, might be finished recording very soon as most of the guitar, all of the keyboards and all but one bassline is recorded already.

I can't see my screen, it's being completly obscured by sunlight so apologies if there are many spelling errors
Rob
Meg Guitar/Vocals
Meg Guitar/Vocals

Postby rich on Wed May 31, 2006 3:46 pm

cool :D one quick thing, do you reackon you could send me your version of cubase or is it too big? (over msn of somthing) I wanted to have a quick go on it so I can see if it's what we need for school and then we would buy the real deal. I can't find a demo version of it anywhere you see... :(

no worries if you can't send it though :D
rich

Postby Rob on Wed May 31, 2006 4:10 pm

Well I can lend you my copy of it but you'd best stay offline incase anything netwise will suss there are two copies installed.

You (and Alex if ya like) can come over and I'll show you the basics and limitations.
Rob
Meg Guitar/Vocals
Meg Guitar/Vocals

Return to Gravy Dinners