You're The Teacher EP second review!

For all your Meg releated and non Meg releated chat

Moderator: Meg

You're The Teacher EP second review!

Postby Matty Jetman on Thu Mar 15, 2007 10:04 am

The nice people at Runout Groove have given us a cool review which you can read here

http://jamiesrunoutgroove.blogspot.com/2007/03/new-band-alert-meg.html

Meg are an indie-pop band with electro and lo-fi influences who hail from the wonderfully named Kidderminster. LOL. A four-piece, they've been around for about five years now, and I was really impressed by the new EP they're just about to release. It sounds far more interesting than you'd imagine from a band who haven't had much nationwide success in a longish period of playing. Their own press release lists quotes comparing them to Weezer, Pavement, Grandaddy, and indeed i'd say those are all some pretty prevalent influences (always a good thing!). Along the way the band have supported Jawcrew and Quasi, and they're about to play some headline dates in the next few months, including a show at London's Hope & Anchor in April.

Recording wise, they've only actually released one single. The new EP is called You Are The Teacher and is very very good indeed, and another EP is promised for later in the year. You can get more info at the bands myspazz or their official site.
Matty Jetman
Meg Keyboards
Meg Keyboards

Postby Rob on Thu Mar 15, 2007 3:04 pm

:D Yay! That's cool. Nice little comment someone has left too.

Not strictly true about only releasing one single but I guess they wouldn't know any better cos I haven't put anymore on the promo sheet.

Thanks to them. A little bit of joy in an otherwise tiring pooey day 8)
Rob
Meg Guitar/Vocals
Meg Guitar/Vocals

Postby Tom on Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:33 pm

tis cool indeed
TOM - Playin some block rockin beats!!!!
Tom
Meg Drums
Meg Drums

Return to Gravy Dinners