No such thing as bad press

For Gigs coming up and post gig chat

No such thing as bad press

Postby Rob on Thu Apr 20, 2006 2:48 am

He he, a not so great review lol, but funny. But we don't have a song with one chord for the verse and i'm buggered if we have one with ascending and descending scales.

http://www.last.fm/user/el_houghton/jou ... yid=109508

The first band, Meg (from Kidderminster), would probably benefit from a bit more experience playing live (and hopefully some guidance along the way). Current material includes the song My Girl Wants To Fuck My Best Friend ("Why won't you love me like I love you?" repeated throughout), a song based entirely around one ascending and descending scale, and another using one chord for the entire verse. The melody of last song was hilariously punctuated by the occassional abrupt SQUAWK from the singer. Things that amused me were the bizarre keyboards in the first song which sounded like two tin cans being scraped against each other, and the bassist who held himself in an entirely inappropriate stance, legs spread wide, bass hanging down to his knees, rotating his straightened arm up in the air and crashing back down onto the strings The Darkness-stylee. Nevertheless, some of the songs sounded reasonable and the band members (minus the bassist) were very sweet (especially the keyboard player whose huge eyes peared nervously out into the crowd when he wasn't hiding behind his hair). And the lead singer had quite a nice voice.
Rob
Meg Guitar/Vocals
Meg Guitar/Vocals

Postby maat on Thu Apr 20, 2006 3:57 pm

"The Darkness-stylee" brilliant. :D
I could write a better review with a pen between my bum crack, don't make me do it, god dammit :shock:
maat

Postby Rob on Thu Apr 20, 2006 8:06 pm

it almost looks like I added the last line in myself but I didn't honest lol

Allan was Chips style last week. Don't touch the shades man 8) but it's dark...
Rob
Meg Guitar/Vocals
Meg Guitar/Vocals

Postby Sarah on Fri Apr 21, 2006 10:21 pm

wow...thats umm.... wats the word?.... bollocks? LOL made me laugh though, what with the constant dig at alan? Sounds like they fell in love with matt though, going on about his eyes :D waheey.
It's people like that (whoever wrote the reveiw) who keep the world laughing xxx
Sarah

Postby Rob on Tue Apr 25, 2006 6:10 pm

8) she likes us really
Rob
Meg Guitar/Vocals
Meg Guitar/Vocals

Postby allan on Sat Apr 29, 2006 4:30 pm

think she likes the rest of you bar me,dunno what i could have possibly done at all,meh *&%$
one day meg will rule the world or just a very small part of kiddy!!!! oh well :(
allan
Meg Bass/Vocals
Meg Bass/Vocals

Return to Gigs